Gareth Porter gives an update on the “Russiagate” investigation, which he has long maintained is nothing more than a thinly-veiled ploy to remove President Trump from office. Recent reports on the investigation have only confirmed Porter’s suspicions that the intelligence officials involved in the proceedings have been out to get Trump from the beginning.
Discussed on the show:
- “The Real Motive Behind the FBI Plan to Investigate Trump as a Russian Agent” (Consortium News)
- “Mueller may submit report to attorney general as soon as mid-February, say sources” (NBC)
- “Ukraine crisis: Transcript of leaked Nuland-Pyatt call” (BBC)
- “F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia” (New York Times)
- “Andrew McCabe: The full “60 Minutes” interview” (CBS)
- Twenty-fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution
- Hunter Killer
- The Threat: Inside the Soviet Military Machine
Gareth Porter is an investigative historian and journalist on the national security state, and author of Manufactured Crisis: The Untold Story of the Iran Nuclear Scare. Follow him on Twitter @GarethPorter and listen to Gareth’s previous appearances on the Scott Horton Show.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.