Daniel McAdams remembers Congressman Walter Jones, who passed away last week. Jones initially supported the War in Iraq, but after realizing his mistake began trying everything in his power to atone for it. He wrote over 12,000 letters to killed and wounded soldiers and their families, and was a vocal opponent of subsequent wars. Jones’ efforts were crucial in getting the House of Representatives to vote on ending U.S. support for the war in Yemen.
Discussed on the show:
- A Pretext for War: 9/11, Iraq, and the Abuse of America’s Intelligence Agencies
- “H.Con.Res.138” (Library of Congress)
- “Walter Jones Made the Yemen Vote Happen” (The American Conservative)
- “Walter B. Jones Restoring Power to Congress Act Would Repeal the 2001 AUMF” (Antiwar.com Blog)
- “Is the US Meddling in Venezuela? Max Blumenthal Asks US Congress Members.” (YouTube)
Daniel McAdams is the executive director of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity and the co-host of the Ron Paul Liberty Report. Follow him on Twitter @DanielLMcAdams and read all of his work over at Antiwar.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.