Ali Abunimah comments on the recent controversy surrounding Minnesota’s Representative Ilhan Omar and her tweets about the Israel lobby’s influence in American politics. Unlike virtually any other lobby, explains Abunimah, AIPAC seems to be off limits in the public discourse. Even after fairly mild comments, like Omar’s, the outrage runs rampant and backtracking and apologies are demanded. Scott and Abunimah wish Omar would have stuck to her guns instead.
Discussed on the show:
- “Ilhan Omar under attack for telling truth about Israel lobby” (The Electronic Intifada)
- “Rep. Ilhan Omar vs. Venezuela Envoy Elliott Abrams: Was El Salvador “Massacre” A “Fabulous Achievement?” | Video” (RealClearPolitics)
- “Watch the film the Israel lobby didn’t want you to see” (The Electronic Intifada)
- “Ilhan Omar Is Not Anti-semitic For Calling Out AIPAC” (The Forward)
- “Bill Clinton’s Sister Souljah moment – JUNE 13, 1992” (YouTube)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.