Scott interviews Max Blumenthal about the political unrest in Venezuela. Blumenthal explains how dangerous it is that there’s been a mostly positive, and bipartisan, response to President Trump’s comments about intervening there. Just like when he was bombing Syria, the mainstream media finally praises him for being “presidential”. But Blumenthal wants to know—how is this any different than Russia trying to interfere in our elections, which the political mainstream finds so abhorrent?
Discussed on the show:
- “The Making of Juan Guaidó: US Regime-Change Laboratory Created Venezuela’s Coup Leader” (Consortiumnews)
- “Is the US Meddling in Venezuela? Max Blumenthal Asks US Congress Members.” (YouTube)
- Sandinista National Liberation Front
- “Moderate Rebels podcast” (Free Listening on SoundCloud)
- Colour revolution
- NATIONAL ENDOWMENT FOR DEMOCRACY
- “The Weight of Chains” (Težina lanaca (2010) – YouTube)
- “Juan Guaidó: Venezuelans, Strength Is in Unity” (The New York Times)
- “2/1/19 Greg Palast on Avoiding Regime Change in Venezuela” (The Libertarian Institute)
- “U.S. Push to Oust Venezuela’s Maduro Marks First Shot in Plan to Reshape Latin America” (WSJ)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.