Scott is joined by Daniel Larison to discuss a piece he wrote recently that aims to rebut an article published in Foreign Policy. Larison criticizes that article, written by Nadia Schadlow, for using right-wing language to argue that conservatives have always and should always rally around the war machine in Washington. Scott and Larison talk about the absurdity of that position and observe how the opposite is true.
Discussed on the show:
- “The battle for who owns ‘conservative statecraft’” (Responsible Statecraft)
- “Conservative U.S. Statecraft for the 21st Century” (Foreign Policy)
- A Republic, Not an Empire by Pat Buchanan
- “George Packer’s attempt to carve up restraint is a real turkey” (Responsible Statecraft)
- Scott’s debate with Bill Kristol
- Taibbi’s Debate on the mainstream media
Daniel Larison is a contributing editor at Antiwar.com, contributor at the Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft and former senior editor at The American Conservative magazine. Follow him on Twitter @DanielLarison or on his blog, Eunomia.
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.