Scott’s first guest on Antiwar Radio this week was Connor Freeman, the Assistant Editor at the Libertarian Institute. They talk about the Ukrainian strikes deep in Russian territory, and the apparent green light Washington gave Kyiv to carry out more. Their reasoning? Putin hasn’t dropped a nuke yet, so there’s room to escalate. Scott and Freeman talk about the danger of this mindset and also touch on the recent Washington Post story about the lack of evidence that Russia attacked its own gas infrastructure back in September.
Discussed on the show:
- Rage Against the War Machine Protest
- “Washington Erases Red Lines, Escalates Proxy War with Russia” (Libertarian Institute)
- Antiwar News with Dave DeCamp
- “Road to war: U.S. struggled to convince allies, and Zelensky, of risk of invasion” (Washington Post)
- “For Western Weapons, the Ukraine War Is a Beta Test” (New York Times)
- “No conclusive evidence Russia is behind Nord Stream attack” (Washington Post)
Connor Freeman is the Assistant Editor of the Libertarian Institute, primarily covering foreign policy. He is a co-host on Conflicts of Interest. His writing has been featured in media outlets such as Antiwar.com and Counterpunch, as well as the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity. You can follow him on Twitter @FreemansMind96
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.