Congressman Walter Jones of North Carolina joins Scott to discuss his co-sponsorship of H.Con.Res.81, the United States’s never-ending wars, and how Congress can take back its mantle. Jones explains why he blames Paul Ryan for the lack of a vote on H.Con.Res.81, how Congress has abdicated its responsibility on matters of war, and why issues of war and peace are the most pressing that are facing the U.S.
Discussed on the show:
- Authorized for Use of Military Force (AUMF)
- “Al-Qaeda claims it is ‘fighting alongside’ US-backed coalition forces in Yemen” (The Independent)
- “Defense Department: The War On Terror Has Cost $250 Million A Day For 16 Years” (International Business Times)
- Clair Manera (Scott Horton Show)
- “Quiet Support for Saudis Entangles U.S. in Yemen” (New York Times)
- Kate Kizer (@KateKizer)
Quote of the show: “Scott, that is the dishonesty of Washington…the Rules Committee is nothing but a puppet group…it’s just hogwash to be honest with you.” – Walter Jones
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.