Representative John Duncan from the 2nd district of Tennessee joins Scott to discuss his impending retirement, his close friendship with Ron Paul, and how his antiwar views developed during his time in Congress. Duncan recalls his meetings leading up to the Iraq War with Condoleezza Rice and George Tennant and reflects on how his vote against the Iraq War went from being his least popular vote to his most popular vote. Duncan then discusses his article “There’s Nothing Patriotic or Conservative About our Bloated Defense Budget.”
Discussed on the show:
- Lawrence Lindsey
- “Conservatives Against a War with Iraq,” by John Duncan (Antiwar.com)
- “Don’t Attack Saddam,” by Brent Scowcroft (Wall Street Journal)
- Coleen Rowley
- “F.B.I. Whistle-Blower Colleen Rowley Says No to Occupation” (Democracy Now!)
- “GOP Lawmakers Who Voted Against Iraq War Stand Their Ground 10 Years Later” (Huffington Post)
- “No Fiscal Conservatives at the Pentagon,” by John Duncan (LewRockwell.com)
- “Vote against Iraq War proves popular in hindsight,” by John Duncan (The Tennessean)
- “1,000 from Tennessee National Guard to deploy to Poland in 2018” (AZ Central)
- “Rep. John Duncan On Opposing New Russia Sanctions” (NPR)
- Wilson, by A. Scott Berg
- “Obama’s Trillion-Dollar Nuclear-Arms Train Wreck” (Democracy Now!)
- “A Return to the Peace Party,” by John Duncan (The American Conservative)
Today’s show is sponsored by: NoDev, NoOps, NotIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; 3tediting.com; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and Darrin’s Coffee.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Scott Horton has done over 5,400 interviews with military leaders, whistleblowers, and investigative journalists. Avoid being part of the mob that calls for innocent blood by learning from foreign-policy experts, and spread the message of peace to others.