This week on Antiwar Radio, Scott talks with retired Colonel Douglas Macgregor about the war in Ukraine. From the beginning, Macgregor has been very critical of the Biden Administration’s myopic insistence on escalation. Now, it appears that a divide has broken out within Washington about how much further the U.S. and NATO can go. Scott and Macgregor discuss this evolving dynamic and reflect on all the missed chances for peace that would have left Ukraine with more territory and fewer lives lost. Now, with what appears to be a massive Russian offensive in the works, Macgregor says the west must put an end to the war as soon as possible.
Discussed on the show:
- “Playing at War in Ukraine” (The American Conservative)
- “It’s Time to Bring Russia and Ukraine to the Negotiating Table” (New York Times)
- “Will Biden Gamble on a Ukraine Coalition?” (The American Conservative)
- Scott’s interview with Lyle Goldstein
- Why is Ukraine the West’s Fault? Featuring John Mearsheimer
Douglas Macgregor, Col. (ret.) is a senior fellow with The American Conservative, the former advisor to the Secretary of Defense in the Trump administration, a decorated combat veteran, and the author of five books.
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.