On Antiwar Radio this past Sunday, Scott interviewed Peter Van Buren about two articles he wrote on Taiwan. Van Buren laid out the reasons he believes a Chinese invasion of Taiwan is unlikely. Scott’s slot of airtime only runs 30 minutes. But they ended up talking for an additional hour about the absurdity of Russiagate. The entire interview is presented here in full.
Discussed on the show:
- “Taiwan Is Not About China” (The American Conservative)
- “Taiwan Means War Only If We Want It To” (The American Conservative)
- “Durham Indicts Danchenko” (The American Conservative)
- Fear by Bob Woodward
- The Manchurian Candidate IMDb
- “The US makes the rules, and Syria massacre was no exception” (Responsible Statecraft)
Peter Van Buren worked for 24 years at the Department of State including a year in Iraq. He is the author of We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People and the novel Hooper’s War. He is now a contributing editor at The American Conservative magazine.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Dröm; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.