Kevin Gosztola discusses the abominable record of some of Joe Biden’s key transition team officials, people who are likely to become high-level members of Biden’s eventual cabinet. This list includes the usual war hawks and D.C. insiders, who are sure to return the country to the bipartisan foreign policy consensus of the last few decades, including increased sanctions on Iran and Russia, regime change in Venezuela and Syria, and increased troop levels in the Middle East and Eastern Europe. Gosztola fears that the new cold war with Russia will become even more intense under a Biden administration, as the Democratic Party continues to conveniently blame Russia for all of America’s problems.
Discussed on the show:
- “Biden’s transition team is filled with war profiteers, Beltway chickenhawks, and corporate consultants” (The Grayzone)
- “Ukraine crisis: Transcript of leaked Nuland-Pyatt call” (BBC News)
- “‘We Think the Price Is Worth It’” (FAIR)
- A Promised Land
- The Management of Savagery: How America’s National Security State Fueled the Rise of Al Qaeda, ISIS, and Donald Trump
- “02/17/16 – Charlotte Silver” (The Scott Horton Show)
Kevin Gosztola is managing editor of Shadowproof. He also produces and co-hosts the weekly podcast, “Unauthorized Disclosure.” Follow him on Twitter @kgosztola.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; and Listen and Think Audio.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1Ct2FmcGrAGX56RnDtN9HncYghXfvF2GAh.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download