Journalist Alex Kane joins the show to talk about his latest article “Ending Deadly Collusion between U.S. and Israeli Police.” Kane describes how American police regularly travel to Israel to train, and how the Jewish Voice for Peace Chapter decided to bring light to the issue through their new “Deadly Exchange.” According to Kane, hundreds of American police officers have travelled to Israel and trained with Israeli commanders. Kane then details the multifaceted cooperation between Israeli and U.S. security forces, both domestically and in foreign policy. Finally, Kane addresses the integral differences between Judaism and Israel and why they are so frequently conflated.
Alex Kane is a freelance journalist who’s writing appears in Ha’aretz, the Intercept and elsewhere. He’s formerly an editor at Mondoweiss and Alternet. Read more of his work at his website and follow him on Twitter.
Discussed on the show:
- “Ending Deadly Collusion between U.S. and Israeli Police,” by Alex Kane (InTheseTimes)
- Jewish Voice for Peace
- Deadly Exchange
- Anti-Defamation League
- “Israel Security Forces are Training American Cops Despite History of Rights Abuses” (The Intercept)
- “Israel’s top cop: My guys can learn manners from the NYPD” (New York Daily News)
- Broken Windows Theory
- Jewish Institute for National Security of America (JINSA)
- LEEP USA
- “The Men from JINSA and VSP,” by Jason Vest (The Nation)
- “Orlando police chief Mina attends anti-terrorism conference in Israel” (Orlando Sentinel)
- Shin Bet
- Skunk (weapon)
- “US abstention allows UN to demand end to Israeli settlements” (The Guardian)
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.