In his return to the Scott Horton Show, Ron Paul reflects on his “Yes” vote on the Authorized Use of Military Force following 9/11, how it continues to be used and abused today, and the history of how the United States has perverted its legal authority in foreign policy. Then Dr. Paul turns to the escalating situation in North Korea. Paul shares why he has some optimism about the situation in North Korea, his worries about Trump’s volatility, and what he would have done about North Korea as president.
Former congressman Ron Paul is a true American hero. He is the host of the Ron Paul Liberty Report and director of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity. Dr. Paul is the author of numerous books, including Swords into Plowshares and The Revolution: A Manifesto. Follow him on Twitter, @RonPaul.
Discussed on the show:
- The Authorization for Use of Military Force (AUMF)
- Letters of Marque and Reprisal (Tenth Amendment Center)
- “Trump Vs. Tillerson: War Or Diplomacy?” (Ron Paul Liberty Report)
- Daniel McAdams
- “War with North Korea would be ‘catastrophic,’ Defense Secretary Mattis says” (CBS News)
- Rex Tillerson
- “Being nice to Rocket Man hasn’t worked in 25 years, why would it work now? Clinton failed, Bush failed, and Obama failed. I won’t fail.” (@RealDonaldTrump)
- Kim Jong-il
- Kim Jong-un
- Peter Lee (@ChinaHand)
- “A grand bargain with China could remove North Korea’s nuclear threat — but it would destroy America’s global influence” (LA Times)
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.