Airwars investigative reporter Chris Woods returns to the show to discuss his work documenting aerial strikes and casualties in Iraq, Syria, and now Libya. Woods explains Airwars’ method of documentation, discusses how Trump’s strategy compares to Obama’s, and breaks down the fight to free Mosul and Raqqa from ISIS and the overwhelming toll it has taken on the civilian populations.
Discussed on the show:
- “US strikes Libya for first time under Trump” (CNN)
- Iraq Body Count
- “Coalition admits four key allies killed at least 15 Syrian troops in botched raid,” by Samuel Oakford (Airwars)
- “The massacre of Mosul: 40,000 feared dead in battle to take back city from Isis as scale of civilian casualties revealed,” by Patrick Cockburn (The Independent)
- “‘Mosul Is Completely Destroyed'” (The Atlantic)
- Raqqa (Airwars.org)
- Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)
- Al-Nusra Front
- Ayman al-Zawahiri
- “On His Way Out the Door, Obama Bombs Libya One Last Time” (CommonDreams.org)
- Khalifa Haftar
- Libya National Army (LNA)
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.