Ray McGovern discusses the lasting impact of the “Russiagate” conspiracy, which Democrats have continued to push throughout President Trump’s entire first term. McGovern reminds us that according to recorded testimony released only this year, CrowdStrike (the technology tasked with investigating the DNC email leak) admitted all the way back in 2017 that they had no evidence for the allegation that Russian agents had perpetrated any sort of hack. That means that a narrative that has continued to dominate the mainstream media and Democratic political discourse for three years was known to have absolutely no basis in fact. McGovern fears that the very same tactics used to rein in Trump could be turned around and used on Biden, were he to defeat Trump later this year. Although McGovern strongly opposes the Trump presidency, he regrets the fact that a Biden victory would most likely mean that this whole scandal gets swept under the rug.
Discussed on the show:
- “Comey’s Amnesia Makes Senate Session Unforgettable” (Antiwar.com Original)
- “RAY McGOVERN: Trump Orders Russiagate Documents Declassified” (Consortium News)
- “04/07/17 – Jeffrey Carr on the pushback against CrowdStrike’s claims of Russian election hacking” (The Scott Horton Show)
- “Shades Of The Cold War: How The DNC Fabricated A Russian Hacker Conspiracy To Deflect Blame For Its Email Scandal” (patricklawrence.us)
- A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership
Ray McGovern is the co-creator of Veteran Intelligence Professionals for Sanity and the former chief of the CIA’s Soviet analysts division. Read all of his work at his website: raymcgovern.com.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.