Matt Taibbi discusses the controversial new developments surrounding possible corruption in the Biden family. Taibbi takes us back to the original controversy of Biden’s supposed pressure on the Ukrainian government to dismiss prosecutor Viktor Shokin when Biden was Vice President. The mainstream press, says Taibbi, remains united in their view on this issue: the dismissal had nothing to do with Hunter Biden’s activities on the board of Ukrainian energy company Burisma, and anyone claiming otherwise is just spouting right-wing talking points. In his latest series of articles, Taibbi reexamines some of the circumstances surrounding this story. He also ties it to more recent revelations about Hunter Biden’s laptop, a story that has received even more disdain from the mainstream media. Taibbi is deeply concerned about tech company censorship of news organizations, fearing that this could signal a trend that spells the loss of a free press in America.
Discussed on the show:
- “10 Ways to Call Something Russian Disinformation Without Evidence” (Reporting by Matt Taibbi)
- “Glenn Greenwald On His Resignation From The Intercept” (Reporting by Matt Taibbi)
- “With the Hunter Biden Expose, Suppression is a Bigger Scandal Than The Actual Story” (Reporting by Matt Taibbi)
- “Facebook and Twitter’s Intervention Highlights Dangerous New Double Standard” (Reporting by Matt Taibbi)
- “Article on Joe and Hunter Biden Censored By The Intercept” (Greenwald)
- “Biden Faces Conflict of Interest Questions That Are Being Promoted by Trump and Allies” (The New York Times)
- “Email reveals how Hunter Biden introduced Ukrainian biz man to dad” (New York Post)
- “Told You So: After Supporting Censorship of Others, Mother Jones Now on the Receiving End of It” (The Free Thought Project)
- Collateral Murder
- The Good Soldiers
- “All the President’s Men (1976)” (IMDb)
- Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus
- “The Insider (1999)” (IMDb)
Matt Taibbi is a contributing editor for Rolling Stone and winner of the 2008 National Magazine Award for columns and commentary. He is the author of numerous books, including I Can’t Breathe: A Killing on Bay Street and Insane Clown President: Dispatches from the 2016 Circus. Follow him at taibbi.substack.com or on Twitter @mtaibbi.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Photo IQ; Green Mill Supercritical; and Listen and Think Audio.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1Ct2FmcGrAGX56RnDtN9HncYghXfvF2GAh.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download