Aaron Maté is back on the show to discuss an article he wrote published at Real Clear Investigations. Maté explains how, although the origins of Russiagate are still murky, the Clinton Campaign seems to be at the center of it all. Notably with Clinton lawyers hiring Fusion GPS to look into Trump connections with Russia, an “inquiry” that led to the Steele Dossier. The Campaign’s legal team also hired Crowdstrike to investigate the DNC email leak, a step that was necessary to push the narrative that the leak was carried out by the Russians to support Trump. Maté stresses the timeline for which these events took place, because the dates alone are fatal to the establishment’s narrative.
Discussed on the show:
- “Coming Into Focus: Hillary’s Secretive, Russiagate-Flogging Pair of Super-Lawyers” (Real Clear Investigations)
- Scott’s Interview with Craig Murray
- “CrowdStrikeOut: Mueller’s Own Report Undercuts Its Core Russia-Meddling Claims” (Real Clear Investigations)
- Scott’s debate with Bill Kristol
- “Claims of Microwave Attacks Are Scientifically Implausible” (Foreign Policy)
Aaron Maté is an NYC-based journalist and producer. He hosts the news show Pushback for The Grayzone, and writes regularly for The Nation. Subscribe to his Substack and follow him on Twitter @AaronJMate.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: The War State and Why The Vietnam War?, by Mike Swanson; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; EasyShip; Dröm; Free Range Feeder; Thc Hemp Spot; Green Mill Supercritical; Bug-A-Salt; Lorenzotti Coffee and Listen and Think Audio.
Shop Libertarian Institute merch or donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal or Bitcoin: 1DZBZNJrxUhQhEzgDh7k8JXHXRjYu5tZiG.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download