Scott talks to Matt Agorist about some recent cases of unlawful police killings and police abuse in this country, both the high-profile incidents and the ones that escape mainstream notice. Agorist reminds us of the details of the Breonna Taylor case, in which police officers who were actually looking for Taylor’s ex-boyfriend fatally shot her in the middle of the night while executing a no-knock warrant. The ex-boyfriend, it turns out, had already been arrested by that point. One officer has been charged for recklessly shooting into neighboring apartments, but the rest of the officers have thus far escaped any consequences. Sadly, this is just one case among many, most of which never receive the kind of attention that Breonna Taylor’s case has. Agorist discusses many other such incidents, along with some of the obstacles to reform.
Discussed on the show:
- “WATCH: ‘We Don’t Have a Crime’, Cops Stop Man Without Probable Cause, Hog Tie, Kneel On Him Until He Dies” (The Free Thought Project)
- “City Sends Mental Health Experts to 911 Calls Instead of Cops and It’s Worked 100% of the Time” (The Free Thought Project)
- “‘Please Don’t Let Me Die’: Woman Hog-Tied, Tortured by Sadistic Cop for Over 20 Minutes” (The Free Thought Project)
- “Cop Sexually Assaults Child During Traffic Stop, Gets Only 14 Days in Jail, Won’t Register as Sex Offender” (The Free Thought Project)
- “Cop Admits to Sexual Abusing 2 Young Girls, Instead of 30 Years, He Got Just 60 Days in Jail” (The Free Thought Project)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.