Scott interviews Joe Lauria about his recent Consortium News piece calling out the failures of The New Yorker’s Jane Mayer and the rest of the mainstream media’s “investigative journalists” to actually do any investigative journalism with respect to the Ukraine impeachment inquiry. Lauria points out that at the very least, Joe Biden is guilty of a level of nepotism that should be totally unacceptable—and he recently even admitted this himself. But Lauria also reminds us that the Obama administration backed a neo-Nazi coup in Ukraine in 2014, and then placed multiple friendly Americans in high-level government and business positions. Mayer’s “investigation” points none of this out, opting instead to dismiss all concerns as wild conspiracy theory. Like “Russiagate” before, she and the rest of the mainstream media show little interest in discovering the truth behind “Ukrainegate”, happy instead to let their own partisanship get in the way of what should be their jobs.
Discussed on the show:
- “The New Yorker’s Partisan Attempt to Refute Its Claim of Partisan Disinformation on Biden and Ukraine” (Consortium News)
- “The Invention of the Conspiracy Theory on Biden and Ukraine” (The New Yorker)
- The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals
- Warren Commission
- “Assistant Secretary Nuland Comments on Ukraine” (YouTube)
- “Christopher Steele, the Man Behind the Trump Dossier” (The New Yorker)
- “State Department Official Caught on Tape Saying “F-ck the EU”” (The Atlantic)
Joe Lauria is the editor-in-chief at Consortium News. He is a former UN correspondent and wrote at the Boston Globe and Wall Street Journal. You can follow him on Twitter @unjoe.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Washinton Babylon; Liberty Under Attack Publications; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.
Subscribe for the Latest Episodes
Join our mailing list to be notified of the latest episode, news and upcoming events.