Eric Margolis returns to the show to talk about the war in Ukraine. Scott reflects on some of his early interviews with Margolis about Ukraine back in 2014. Just as he had said back then, Margolis sees some disturbing parallels between the modern tension in Eastern Europe and the build-up to World War One. Scott and Margolis talk about the mission creep happening with the West agreeing to send more and more provocative weapons while Russia claims sovereignty over territory it doesn’t even control. Notably, the two talk about how Crimea may be the big flashpoint. Margolis also points out that Washington is making all the same mistakes over Taiwan.
Discussed on the show:
- “Halt This Crazy Rush to All Out War” (EricMargolis.com)
- Scott’s early interviews with Margolis about Ukraine
- “America’s Pacific Century” (Foreign Policy)
- War at the Top of the World by Eric Margolis
- American Raj by Eric Margolis
- Scott’s debate with Bill Kristol
Get Scott’s interviews before anyone else! Subscribe to the Substack.