Peter Lee, aka @chinahand, returns to the show to discuss his new documentary General Douglas MacArthur’s Conspiracy To Start A War With China. Lee describes the history of U.S.-China tensions dating back to the 1950s, MacArthur’s trigger happy attitude toward nuclear weapons, and how MacArthur and the military almost provoked full-fledged war with China. Lee then details the looming tensions between the U.S. and China that may boil over into conflict and explains why, even with China, blame can be assigned disproportionately to Dick Cheney.
Peter Lee is the editor of China Matters and the host of China Watch at NewsBud. He is the director and narrator of the new documentary General Douglas MacArthur’s Conspiracy To Start A War With China. Follow him on Twitter @chinahand.
Discussed on the show:
- Douglas MacArthur
- Matthew Ridgway
- “Why Did Truman Really Fire MacArthur? … The Obscure History of Nuclear Weapons and the Korean War Provides the Answer,” by Bruce Cumings (History News Network)
- USS John A. Bole
- Inchon to Wonsan: From the Deck of a Destroyer in the Korean War, by James Edwin Alexander
- “Trump labels China a strategic ‘competitor’” (Financial Times)
- “The Strange Story of Russia and China’s Cold War Nuclear Weapons Break-Up,” by War is Boring (National Interest)
- “U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis outlines bold new national defense strategy at Johns Hopkins” (John’s Hopkins Hub)
- “1/26/18 Andrew Bacevich on U.S. diplomacy under Trump and the rise of China” (The Scott Horton Show)
- “University rejects Chinese Communist Party-linked influence efforts on campus” (Washington Post)
- Quadrilateral Security Dialogue
- United States Pacific Command
- The Perils of Dominance, by Gareth Porter
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.