Jim Bovard talks about President Trump’s appointee for Attorney General, William Barr, and his support for the Marshals and FBI agents who killed members of the Weaver family in 1992. Barr was Attorney General during the Bush Sr. administration, and helped get the sniper who killed Vicki Weaver acquitted after the deadly standoff at Weaver’s home. Scott and Bovard talk about police violence in general, wondering why white victims and groups like Black Lives Matter seem unwilling to unite after incidents like this or the Bundy standoff in Oregon. Scott sees them as opportunities to present a united front against the real enemy, an all-powerful government that abuses its citizens everyday, even if it isn’t always so well publicized.
Discussed on the show:
- “William Barr’s Connection to Ruby Ridge, Defending FBI Snipers” (The American Conservative)
- Ambush at Ruby Ridge
- Waco siege
- “Overkill: The Rise of Paramilitary Police Raids in America” (Cato Institute)
- “Osborne Brothers – Rocky Top 1967” (YouTube)
- “Feds Cliven Bundy trial debacle shows why prosecutors must be leashed” (USA Today)
- Montana Freemen
- “The Untold Story of the Texas Biker Gang Shoot-Out” (GQ)
- “Seymour M. Hersh · The Vice President’s Men” (London Review of Books)
- Reporter: A Memoir
- “Seymour Hersh and the Disappearing Iconoclast” (The American Conservative)
Jim Bovard is a columnist for USA Today and the author of Public Policy Hooligan: Rollicking and Wrangling from Helltown to Washington. Find all of his books and read his work on his website and follow him on Twitter @JimBovard.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Kesslyn Runs, by Charles Featherstone; NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; and LibertyStickers.com.
The Lies that Started 11 Wars
Don't let them lie you into war again. Inoculate yourself against war propaganda. Signup and receive our free ebook All the War Lies.