Kelley B. Vlahos, executive editor of the American Conservative Magazine, returns to the show to discuss her latest article, “Neoconning the Trump White House.” Vlahos details her research into the neocon creep into the Trump administration and does a deep dive into the state of neoconservative politics and institutions in Washington. Vlahos also explains why, despite Donald Trump’s lip service, the anti-war right and the realists are fighting an uphill battle for influence in Washington.
Discussed on the show:
- “The Return of the Stinger Missile,” by Jason Ditz (The American Conservative)
- National Security Strategy (White House)
- “Meet Nadia Schadlow, Dina Powell’s likely successor” (Axios)
- Smith Richardson Foundation
- Project for a New American Century (PNAC)
- “Donald Trump’s CIA director nominee Mike Pompeo is open to waterboarding” (The Independent)
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: Zen Cash, The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Roberts and Roberts Brokerage Inc.; LibertyStickers.com; TheBumperSticker.com; and ExpandDesigns.com/Scott.
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.
More places to listen to The Scott Horton Show.