Scott talks to Ramzy Baroud about the Israeli occupation of Gaza, where Palestinian civilians continue to be killed and otherwise oppressed by Israeli forces. Baroud describes the many ways in which Israel has twisted the mainstream narrative and manipulated their supporters in the U.S., who are mostly ignorant of just how oppressive the regime is. Baroud says the outlook is bleak: only through continued resistance and international solidarity do Palestinians have any hope of changing the narrative and gaining full civil rights. Until then, they will continue to suffer and die under the Israeli siege of their homeland.
Discussed on the show:
- “Sealed Off and Forgotten: What You Should Know about Israel’s ‘Firing Zones’ in the West Bank” (ramzybaroud.net)
- Oslo Accords
- “On the Road to Gaza: The Freedom Flotilla Will Sail Again” (ramzybaroud.net)
- “Netanyahu: America is Easy to Push Around (English Subtitles)” (YouTube)
- “Leave Iran to the Americans” (The Jerusalem Post)
- “How Western Media Bias Allows Israel to Getaway with Murder in Gaza” (Counterpunch)
- Devil’s Game
- Obstacle to Peace: The US Role in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
Ramzy Baroud is a US-Arab journalist and is the editor-in-chief of the Palestine Chronicle. He is the author of My Father Was A Freedom Fighter: The Untold Story of Gaza and The Last Earth: A Palestinian Story. His new book is These Chains Will Be Broken: Palestinian Stories of Struggle and Defiance in Israeli Prisons. Follow Ramzy on Twitter @RamzyBaroud and read his work at RamzyBaroud.net.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.
Donate to the show through Patreon, PayPal, or Bitcoin: 1KGye7S3pk7XXJT6TzrbFephGDbdhYznTa.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download