Cliff Maloney of Young Americans for Liberty talks about the disaster of U.S. foreign policy in the Middle East, and how to bring more Americans around to the antiwar position. Luckily, he says, a great majority of people already oppose the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan when asked, the trouble is that they don’t make it a priority—and neither, therefore, do most politicians. In an effort to change this, Maloney’s organization vets liberty-focused, antiwar candidates and helps them get elected in local races all around the country.
Discussed on the show:
- “Five lessons Afghanistan teaches us about Iran” (The Hill)
- “The Afghanistan Papers” (Washington Post)
- “Terrorism: Ron Paul vs. Giuliani @ SC Debate” (YouTube)
- “For Liberty: How the Ron Paul Revolution Watered the Withered Tree of Liberty (2009)” (IMDb)
- “Dan ‘McCain 2.0’ Crenshaw Says He NEVER Wants the Troops to Come Home From Afghanistan” (Big League Politics)
- “Report: US Drone Strike Kills 60 Afghan Civilians, Taliban Commander” (Antiwar.com Original)
Cliff Maloney is President of Young Americans for Liberty. Before serving as President of YAL he was the National Youth Director for the Rand Paul Presidential Campaign. Follow him on Twitter @LibertyCliff.
This episode of the Scott Horton Show is sponsored by: NoDev NoOps NoIT, by Hussein Badakhchani; The War State, by Mike Swanson; WallStreetWindow.com; Tom Woods’ Liberty Classroom; ExpandDesigns.com/Scott; Listen and Think Audio; TheBumperSticker.com; and LibertyStickers.com.