Legendary journalist Eric Margolis returns to the show to discuss the escalated tensions in North Korea. Margolis explains why the threat of nuclear war is all the greater with Donald Trump in the Oval Office. Margolis says that tension with North Korea really demonstrates that South Korea is just a vassal of American foreign policy. According to Margolis the road to peace requires the U.S. to officially end the Korean War, end economic sanctions, agree to a non-aggression treaty, and, finally, open serious diplomatic relations between the two countries. Scott then pivots to the breaking news from Yemen, where former president Ali Abdullah Saleh was assassinated, and the latest news out of Afghanistan.
Discussed on the show:
- “Clinton says U.S. could ‘totally obliterate’ Iran” (Reuters)
- “U.S. Air Force ‘Hundred Percent’ Ready to Strike North Korea, Commander Says” (Newsweek)
- “How safe is the U.S. from a North Korea nuclear attack?” (USA Today)
- “A grand bargain with China could remove North Korea’s nuclear threat — but it would destroy America’s global influence” (LA Times)
- Korean Armistice Agreement
- “Houthi Forces Kill Former Yemen President Ali Abdullah Saleh,” by Jason Ditz (Antiwar.com)
- Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi
- “No Longer a Haven for International Terrorists” (New York Times)
- Anastasio Somoza García
- “No One Man Should Be Able to Trigger Nuclear War,” by Eric Margolis (Unz.com)
- “Brand New: Washington Runs Amok While Kim Smiles,” by Eric Margolis (Unz.com)
Check out Scott’s Patreon page.